Vegan Veggie Burgers
•1 block extra-firm tofu
•1 bunch of parsley
•½ c sunflower seeds
•¼ c ground flax seed
•2 T Braggs or soy sauce
•½-1 c whole wheat flour
•2 c oats
•1 t salt
•1/2 t black pepper
1) Grate carrots, beet, potato, and tofu. Dice parsley.
2) Add sunflower seeds, flax seeds, Braggs, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well.
3) Add oats and ww flour. Mix well. Chill in refrigerator (optional).
4) Roll into balls and flatten into patties. Place on oiled pan and bake @ 350 for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for 25 minutes longer.
5) Makes 12 veggie burgers. Freeze for storage.
*Serve on an organic ww bun with fries or stack on top of salad greens, rice noodles, and lemon tahini sauce to top. Ymmm!
*Add peanut butter or tahini to the recipe to make your burgers extra juicy.
*Add your favorite type of bean or grain and experiment.
Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
•5 cups whole wheat flour
•1 1/2 cups warm water
•4 t yeast or two packages
•2 TBS honey
•1/2 cup unsweetened soymilk or milk
•2 TBS oil
•1 1/2 t salt
•sesame or poppy seeds
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2) In a large bowl, stir together the milk, warm water, honey, and yeast. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
3) Mix in the salt and oil then gradually stir in the flour until you have a soft dough. Divide into 16 pieces, and form into balls.
4) Roll tops of balls in sesame seeds. Place on baking sheets so they are 2 to 3 inches apart. Let rise for 20 minutes.
5) Bake the rolls for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
6) Cool slightly then split in half horizontally to fill with your favorite burgers.